Team Raov
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sever update?

+4
wolfy?!??
FlaTL!nE
Cool
cpt.joo
8 posters

Go down

Sever update? Empty Sever update?

Post  cpt.joo Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:12 am

Who wants to remove Dead silence from the server? maybe remove UAV jammer as well?

Also alot of talk has come up about making the server promod... Post here on what you think.. if anyone reads this!
cpt.joo
cpt.joo

Back to top Go down

Sever update? Empty Re: Sever update?

Post  Cool Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:43 pm

I think removing those would be a good idea, but im not for promod.

Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  FlaTL!nE Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:51 pm

i agree with cool, dead silence and uav jammer out, but a promod server i dont know about, cause of a non rank server, rarely gets populated.
FlaTL!nE
FlaTL!nE

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfy?!?? Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:31 am

Well...if you take our uavjammer/dead silence, you need a mod anyways. So if we're gonna go to a mod either way then i'd suggest to try promod out again, but this time advertise it more in irc and whatnot.

wolfy?!??
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jethro Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:18 am

I think there's a shitload of promod servers already and the reason ours is so popular is because it's stock.

Jethro

Back to top Go down

Post  cpt.joo Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:38 am

we would eliminate those perks through console messages/kicks/bans. Just as we do the grenade launcher.
cpt.joo
cpt.joo

Back to top Go down

Post  slim Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:51 am

i thoroughly enjoy dead silence - it's one of the few perks that doesn't actually provide an unfair advantage (here me out before you ridicule me endlessly by calling me an ignorant noob):

Perks that give you a quantifiable advantage:

Double Tap - You essentially dish out 2x the damage whenever you shoot someone.
Deep Impact - You kill people through walls, ffs.
Juggernaut - You can survive bullets to the face.

Dead silence does nothing of the sort. Sure, you can't hear me when I run at you - but my ability to kill you is not demonstratively enhanced. In fact, my ability to kill is, really, lessened. By utilizing dead silence, I am required to forgo other perks that quantitatively increase my ability to kill. I will not live any longer b/c I use dead silence - I will not be able to kill you more quickly (or through walls) b/c I use dead silence.

Rather, my killing ability is quintessentially reduced b/c I use dead silence. Because I forgo other (much stronger, I might add) perks in order to use dead silence, my ability to kill/survive is greatly reduced. I'm basically a sitting duck - just a very quiet sitting duck.

If your argument is that using dead silence makes me invisible - I fully agree w/ getting rid of UAV jammer (nobody likes the guy that hides in teh bushes, anyway). However, dead silence in and of itself is a rather innocuous perk that essentially reduces a player's ability to score well, as opposed to increase it (a la juggernaut, last stand, or martyrdom).

I'm all for keeping dead silence - but axing UAV jammer. cheers

slim

Back to top Go down

Post  cpt.joo Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:43 pm

Cod4 is based of 2 principles.. Looking and Hearing. There is no perk that reduces your looking.. why? becuase that would take away from one of the main principles. However Dead silence takes away from your hearing. Giving that player a huge advantage against the rest of the players.
cpt.joo
cpt.joo

Back to top Go down

Post  slim Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:09 pm

err... I'd have to dissent from your argument in a few ways.

A # of things reduce sight in-game.

1) Shadows - there are a # of spots, in-game, where a player can hide, nearly completely out of sight.
2) Grass/boxes - On Pipeline, overgrown, there are a # of spots where an individual can hide in a manner such that they cannot be seen unless you step over them. On Broadcast, by the B plant site, you can hide behind the boxes along the wall and be unseen.
3) Camo - Crazy stuff - you put it on and you blend in w/ the environment, making it, in some instances, very difficult to be seen.

Now, despite these instances (which, you're right, are not perks, and therefore seem to coincide with your argument), UAV can still be utilized to see people. I can have on sniper camo, play overgrown, hide in the correlative spots, and not a single person can see me. yet, call on UAV, and I might as well be laying down in a clown suit w/ nipple tassles on. UAV provides the second method by which sight is utilized in this game.

And yet, this is where your argument runs afoul. If, for instance, I have sniper camo on, (the ghilly suit, or whatever it's called), and hide in the same spots I was in before, and you call in UAV - too bad. If I use UAV jammer, I have negated your secondary sight method. By combining proper body placement, camo usage, and a UAV jammer (a perk, I might add) - one is able to completely undermine both your primary and secondary methods of sight.

Therefore, there is at least one perk that negates your use of sight. Clearly there must be other principles to the game. I love you

slim

Back to top Go down

Post  cpt.joo Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:18 pm

your argument is null and void.... Dark areas.. turn up brightness.. bush hiding?... cham skins.. Get good!
cpt.joo
cpt.joo

Back to top Go down

Post  Jethro Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:27 am

I think joo got a little bit ownt!. and dead silence is good for ninja'ing! i think you should just have console messages that tell people they can't use perks, or things. deagles only.

Jethro

Back to top Go down

Post  wolfy?!?? Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:37 am

I DEEM UAVJAMMER, JUGGERNAUGHT, DEAD SILENCE BANISHED FROM OUR SERVER ! Shocked Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil cyclops cyclops pirat tongue tongue No No What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face

wolfy?!??
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DecyFeR Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:19 pm

Honestly i don't think anything should be removed because just like we would complain about people calling people who jump in combat bunny hoppers, the perks are part of the game too.

That being said, i honestly don't care if you take out dead silence or uav jammer, but if you take away jugger. Being a tank ninja I will not be too thrilled and i will have to leave the server. Sad
DecyFeR
DecyFeR

Back to top Go down

Post  farmboy Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:34 pm

what was the main trick in moh hearing that fucking door open right and kiling that bitch coming from it? now we can hide from it thats cool. and uav jammer idc about taking it off.

farmboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down